Friday, January 29, 2010

January 29

So. I don't know why it hit me so hard tonight, but I realized just how totally blessed I am; my parents are AMAZING. I was thinking tonight about all the kids on the team who's parents weren't there, at the games in Terry tonight. And there were a lot.

Looking back, I don't think my parents have missed more than about 3 games in my whole career, and I've been playing since about 3rd grade. Every (I'm sure miserable) tournament, every junior high game every loss, every win, at least one if not both of my parents have been there for it, no matter where we were, Dickinson, Baker, home.

And they don't rag. the only thing I ever hear my parents say from the stands is encouraging. And they don't rag after the game, either. Dad tells me what I need to work on, gives me advice, I'll ask questions, and I know it's made me a better player, because Dad explains EVERYTHING to me. "What should I have done here?" "Well, there's only a couple things you really can do." They never tell me I screwed up, and I don't think I've ever heard them even say I've had a bad game, even when I felt like I played horribly.

Basically, my paernts are amazing, and I don't appreciate you guys nearly enough.

Love you, Momma and Daddy.

xoxo,
Erika Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment